Pages

20100123

Perfect Peach Pie

I am so happy to have finally found this excellent recipe for peach pie. The crust of this pie is amazing. When I saw how much butter was needed I knew this recipe would be a winner. I don't know about you, but lately I have noticed that the price of pies has sky-rocketed. Even though they are expensive, most of these purchased pies leave a great deal to be desired no matter how much is spent. This recipe, I found in the Food Network Magazine (Aug/Sep 2009) is the best recipe ever! * It is amazing. (They also have recipes for blueberry pie, lemon-lavender pie, cherry pie and green tomato pie). Here is the link. Recipe
*I must say that I have tried making the pie crust exactly as written in the magazine, and as stated below. (Which is the picture above. ) When I made the pie exactly as the recipe in the magazine, the crust turned out way too thick and did not really taste that good. I have therefore changed it.

The following is my version of the peach pie:

Make 2/3 of the recipe for the crust (link above). Use half for the top of pie and the other for bottom. Follow all of the directions.

To prepare your filling, take one pound of sliced peaches (At this time I used a bag of frozen peach slices, but I plan to use fresh when they are in season), then add 3/4 cup light brown sugar (maybe a little more if you like things sweeter), 2 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, a sprinkle of cinnamon, a yet smaller sprinkle of nutmeg and a quarter teaspoon salt. Also add around 4 tablespoons of sliced butter and mix up well. Again follow all of the directions for assembling and baking as in magazine.

Let cool and and-voilĂ !- the most perfect Peach Pie.

I like to serve my pies warm and with vanilla ice cream on the side. There is just nothing more scrumptious. I am going to try this with apricots when they are in season, I think that will be amazing too.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

So very pretty! I would LOVE to come to party at your house! :)

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Oh that sounds sooo good and summery! I really wish I had some peaches so I could pretend it wasn't all wintry outside!

Unknown said...

Oh, this sounds so good! Would love some pie and ice cream! I'm always hungry since I got pregnant!!

Stopping by from SITS. :)